Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ahhhhh....first love

I thought in honor of Valentines Day coming up, I would post a few blogs about love.
Number 1-First love.

Every day when I pick Madeline up from school, I immediately get a run down of the days love saga. I love it. I listen very seriously, and try my best to not crack a smile. I nod and say things like "are you kidding me" and "then what happened". It all started with Madeline hearing through the grapevine, that a boy named Stockton, had a crush on her. I mean come on who wouldn't! Then the story changed and became weeks of a pushy, annoying girl in her class, chasing him at recess and kissing him!! Of course Madeline was right there see every detail. Madeline would say to me disgustingly "can you believe her, she is breaking a school rule!" or "that is so unappropiate" (she hears me say inappropriate all the time). Then what happened after all the chasing and kissing? Was he totally annoyed with this girl, like we both were? No. Then the dagger-Brynn asked Stockton "if he loved her and wanted to marry her when he grew up." Guess what he said...... "yes"! Madeline said rolling her eyes,"then Brynn fainted." Oh the injustice of it all.

Boys....already loving the pushy girls, and the pushy girls stealing our boys!

First love. Poor Madeline is getting her first taste of love, disappointment, and pushy girls.

I tried to think of my first love. Lots of little crushes through the first years, but the longest was my husband. I first saw him across the playground, on his first day of school in 5th grade. He was wearing a weird, and very ugly cowboy tie. (He just moved from Colorado, so he was a strange mix of cowboy/skater). I quickly got over the clothes. Look at his beautiful face! The darn boy only wanted to play four square and ignore everything/everyone (like me) else. I'm not one of those annoying girls, so I waited. We were on the same debate team in 6th grade. Still nothing, so I waited. Then middle school- I patiently watched as he dated every pushy/slutty girl in the school and made-out with them before getting on the SAME bus as me, still I waited. High School- I remember coming around the corner of a hallway and almost walking into him. He had hit puberty over the summer, and was a MAN. His blond hair perfectly combed in a skater wave. Plus, he was wearing khakis and a button down shirt. Oh be still my heart! So I watched him more, but continued to wait. College-We both ended up at Snow College. Stewart asked me to dance at the dance the weekend before school started. We became inseparable from that point. FINALLY! My room mates would all say "are you sure you want to be with one person in college, college is for dating!" Are you kidding me! I've been waiting and waiting. Then a very long mission and I waited a long time more. Finally, Finally, Finally he actually came home! I didn't have to wait anymore! We got engaged and married.

I am so happy. I adore my husband. We have so much fun together! I'm so glad I was patient and waited and waited. It was meant to be-We're soul mates!

So Madeline, I hear you girl! Pushy girls and dumb boys are all part of it. You'll find your love, but for right now you'll just have to wait.

4 comments:

  1. Now Tiff, what you should have done was write a poem about Stewart in seventh grade adding things such as "eyes as blue as the ocean" and then you could never live it down and be completely embarrassed. Good times. It's pretty sweet that after all this time you two ended up together. Awhh shucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot I did write a poem about his eyes as blue as the ocean! I wish I still had that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that I was not one of the roommates saying those things. I knew you guys were meant to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always told my girls to wait for the boys to come to them. They're far too good to have to chase boys! (-: Turns out mothers are usually right. Boy are we glad she waited!! Maddie will end up with someone just like her dad, and it will all be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete