Thursday, March 4, 2010

Satan vs. Jesus

Thatcher really wanted to have his cousin (and best friend) come and play today, and was begging me to let him come over. The two have gotten in quite a bit of trouble together lately, and so I told him I didn't think that it was a good idea. He sat there a minute glaring at me with his hands on his hips, and said "Mooooooooom I just want people to know that Satan IS real!!!" I'm glad that he feels he is doing his part to spread the word(-: So I asked him if he knew who Satan was and he said "yes, he's the guy who tells you to do bad stuff." Then silence for a minute and then he added, " actually, I MADE Satan to destroy Jesus." Lovely. Everything, even church, is now including in being a superhero. Bad against good. Hopefully he meant to say it the other way around- that Jesus would be the one to destroy Satan, but in fear of what else he would add to the already blasphemous conversation, I just let it go. Where would a kid get such a crazy idea? Try the Book of Mormon. I was just reading the kid version to Madeline and Thatcher, and people were getting burned in fires, smashed by buildings, and killed all over the place. Not the best thing to read right before bed. Madeline was sitting there with her hands over her ears, saying she was going to have nightmares, and Thatcher was looking a little nervous. I think mostly because Stewart had just explained what "righteous" meant to him, and everyone not in that category was dying an awful death. Then, when I tucked him in bed he said he hoped that no one would chop him like they do in the scriptures. Wow. Wow. Wow. Time to scratch the current way we've been teaching our kids and try something different. I'm already nervous of what the kids will say to their teachers at church, now they are going to be FORBIDDEN to open their mouths! People are going to wonder what the crap we're teaching them(-:

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. I'm going to set aside some time next time we're out to get some theology lessons from Thatcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this makes me laugh out loud!! You've got your work cut out for you... :)

    ReplyDelete