Friday, March 26, 2010

The latest on everyone

Good ones from Thatcher this week-
1) Comes in the bathroom when I'm in the bath, and says staring right at my chest, " I'm not lookin' at your privates Mom." The kid is going to be 5, and will probably have horrible flashbacks of that moment.

2) Snuck Stewart's hammer and a nail, went outside, and was hammering it into our wood swing set. (The day before he had done the same thing and smashed his hand.) I looked outside right as the hammer was being raised above his head very, very close to his eyes. I yelled, "Thatcher DON'T! Do you remember what happened yesterday?" He gives me this look with his head tilted to the side, and says " M-ooommmm, I KNOW about safety because I am totally, totally safe. What happened yesterday was just a joke. I was just joking when I smashed my hand!" Then he does this little fake laugh. We have since hidden the hammer.

3) Thatcher HATES going pee. HATES, HATES, HATES! I don't know why but he will dance around for hours before he finally breaks down and goes. The other day Stewart walked in, and Thatcher is watching T.V., dancing around, and has "it" out and is squeezing it as hard as he can, as pee droplets are slowly dripping on the floor. Yum!

4) He does air guitar. Ha Ha hilarious!

Jack is crawling everywhere, and will walk behind a walker, but REFUSES to walk with me holding his hands. As soon as he realizes that he is walking he puts both legs up and starts whining. What brave boys we have! Thatcher was 15 months and I think that Jack will be 3 when he starts walking. He is such a love bug baby. He loves songs, and books but his favorites are dipping his hand in the toilet and then sucking on them, and emptying the dishwasher or sucking on dirty dishes. His latest discovery is outside. He wants to be out his every waking moment, eating dirt and bugs and watching for planes. When he hears one (he doesn't miss one) he stops what he is doing, freezes, and makes his mouth an O. So freaking cute!

Madeline is doing great! She just had a leading part as Henny Penny in the school play. (Will include pictures of all this soon.) Doing great, as always, in school, gymnastics and with friends. She came home yesterday and told me that she "had the worst day ever because she had so many admirers, and it was so tiring." Dramatic, dramatic, dramatic. Heaven help us in a few years.

Stewart is having an affair. With a HUGE remote control airplane. He is getting really good at it( he spends a lot of time with this love) he can do tricks and drops parachute guys from it. He is often approached, and complimented by 3rd graders at the park.(-:

Me-Same old. Kids, work sometimes, running (yeah for spring), and a sewing class!

4 comments:

  1. Tiff, you paint such a vivid picture of your family life. It is so entertaining. The other day I was cleaning out a closet and found old photos you sent us in New York of Thatcher and Maddie when they were still so small - my favorite featured Thatcher, wearing only a diaper, standing in your backyard, spraying himself with a garden hose. When Jack decides to finally stand by himself I wouldn't be surprised if you caught him doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story about Thatcher is hilarious. I keep cracking up thinking about it. I can totally picture Griffin doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bolg always makes me laugh so hard. I love reading it! There's just nothing like the Thatcher stories. Glad he's being safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy am I glad Stewart's affair is with his airplane! (-: He's actually very good at flying it! Ray can't quite compete - he keeps wrecking his! (This is getting to be an expensive hobby!) Little boys and their toys.....

    ReplyDelete